Question of the day #1
The days of the week in French & Spanish come from the planets of our solar system:
– Lune (Moon)
– Dies Dominica = Day of the Lord
In English, 5 days of the week come from Germanic or Anglo-Saxon gods:
– Tiu was the English/Germanic god war and of the sky.
– Woden was the chief Anglo-saxon/Teutonic god.
– Thor was the Norse god of Thunder.
– Frigg was the Teutonic goddess of clouds, the sky, and (married) love. Freya was the Teutonic goddess of love, beauty & fecundity. Freo also means “free” (not in bondage).
– Saturn was the Roman and Italic god of agriculture.
– Sunday: Obviously, day of the sun.